Boost Your Organic Marketing Efforts with These 3 SEO Techniques
SEO, or search engine optimization, is crucial to better organic rankings. While paid advertising is great, organic content is the foundation that you build your paid advertising efforts on. But if you aren’t in the top search results, your website or blog may not even get seen!
SEO takes a bit of work on your part. However, that time and effort can pay off in the long run. We recently took a look at some of the top best practices for stronger, organic traffic but there is more that you can do. Here are three more SEO tips to help improve your organic marketing game.
1 | Link It Up: Internal Linking and Backlinks
Linking both internally and earning authoritative backlinks are an important aspect of SEO. Internal links establish information and hierarchy for your website, which search engines like Google use to understand the content on your page. When used in the right way, it can have the ability to boost your rankings. Here are two of the top actions you can take when it comes to bettering your internal linking:
- Link well-performing old pages to new pages (older pages generally have more authority)
- Look for internal linking errors (like “404 page not found” errors) and fix them
Authoritative backlinks are seen as “votes of confidence” from external sites. The more authoritative backlinks, the more likely your site will rank well. Keep in mind that not all backlinks are created equal. In fact, some can be considered toxic. Quality backlinks come from trusted and credible sources, while toxic backlinks are ones that attempt to manipulate your search rankings. To figure out the ranking of a backlink, you can try out a tool such as SEMrush’s Backlink Audit. Some ways to cultivate backlinks on your own include:
- Guest blogging on someone else’s blog and link to your own site
- Ask for credit when a vendor or supplier provides a glowing review
- Leverage influencers who will link to your site or products
- Publish original research and link to your site or study
2 | All in the Name: Make Your URLs SEO-Friendly
URLs have the potential to tell both users and search engines what a page is about. So constructing your URLs logically and in a way that is intelligible to humans is important. Here are some tips for crafting effective URLs:
- Use short URLs: keep it concise and avoid unnecessary words
- Include target keywords or phrases: this will help your page perform better in search results, so use “red-sweater” in your URL instead of “item-5834071”
- Include categories or subfolders if necessary: for example, if you have a “shop” subcategory or “gallery” subcategory these can provide more information about your page
3 | User-Friendly: Create Useful Content
Most importantly is the content itself. Publishing original and helpful content can help you rank higher in search engines. In other words, create and share rich content that can help to solve problems your target audience may have. Blogs are a great way to share helpful information, but remember, length of your content is irrelevant! To help share more original, helpful content, do a search for trending topics in your industry or niche. This can help you develop content ideas.
Optimizing your online content is all about providing information, including information about what your page is about and information that solves problems your target audience has. Including keywords in your content, URLs, and linking for hierarchy can help users and search engines better understand your content. Remember, however, that your audience’s needs and behaviors will change over time so make sure you are always keeping an eye on your analytics to fine tune and adjust your content.
Need help optimizing your digital content for superior marketing outcomes? Tintero would love to assist you! Learn more about how we can help you improve your online presence with unique and customizable strategies.