Watch a video version of this episode on YouTube.
In this episode you will learn about:
- An overview of Jim’s career path.
- How the Tim & Jim show started.
- How Jim rebuilt his business after a natural disaster.
- How Jim got started in online video.
- How Deal Casters was born.
- The importance of online video.
- How to keep up with trends in digital marketing.
- Why podcasts have become very popular lately.
- How the platforms tell you exactly what you should do to be successful on them.
- Why resistance to change can be dangerous.
- How small businesses can find clients online.
- What type of businesses can benefit the most from developing a presence on LinkedIn.
- The importance of authenticity for your brand.
- How to balance client work with content development.
- What would you do if the social media platforms were to go away tomorrow?
- The importance of diversifying your approach for brand awareness building online.
- Why you need to keep experimenting with digital marketing strategies.
- How to stay consistent with content development.
- How a co-host can help you develop content more consistently.
- Is it a good idea to invite a guest co-host when one of the co-hosts needs to take a break?
- Why sometimes it is more beneficial to be a guest on podcasts instead of launching your own show.
- Who is this strategy best suited for?
- Jim’s top advice for a quick marketing win.
- How to balance time spent engaging with people online vs. content development.
- How to tastefully engage with people online without appearing too self-promotional.
- Why you should avoid being seen as a “broadcaster” on social media.
- How to decide how much to share online so that you don’t over-share.
Find Jim online: