Position Yourself As An Expert With Writing
Want to instantly position yourself as an expert? Writing a book and publishing a podcast opens up more doors than you would ever imagine. Laura Petersen has amazing experience using both of these tools to help thought leaders elevate their visibility and brands. Take a listen to our conversation today and learn from this amazing expert!
Who is Laura Petersen?
Laura Petersen is a successful speaker, publishing consultant, and entrepreneur with Copy That Pops. Laura started out as a math teacher, who pivoted into the entrepreneur journey with test prep and tutoring. She later made a shift to producing podcasts and got into the digital content world. Now a published author of two books, Copywriting for Podcasters and Permission to Write a Brand Building Book: For Podcasters – 9 Myths Holding You Back from More Exposure and Making a Greater Impact. Laura has developed the Bestsellerator Program to help authors hit bestseller status on Amazon and leverage a book to increase thought leadership in their careers.
What Did We Chat About?
- How does a book help position you as a thought leader
- How you can leverage podcasts and published books together
- Why do we share things?
Golden Nuggets From Our Conversation:
- The common denominator with big speakers and influencers was that they have published a book.
- Your podcast and your published book can work together to help promote each other.
- Start where you are more comfortable. If you like speaking better, start with a podcast. If you like writing, start with your book and get the ball rolling.
- “The only way you can fail is by doing nothing. Taking action anytime is a good thing.”
- A book is a lot of up front work that you can leverage forever. A podcast is something with less work at the beginning, but can provide regular activity.
- Publishing a book gives people a natural confidence that can’t help but come out. Internal self confidence comes out.
- There’s magic around publishing a book. Take advantage of that psychologically!
- Published books are credibility indicators to the public!
- Ask for video testimonials from people or screenshots!
If you liked this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes! Click HERE to discover the iTunes page. If you found value in this episode, help a friend out and share this episode on Social Media.
Need help on how to leave a review on iTunes? Here’s a quick video showing you what to click.
Learn More About Valerie's Book
We’re All Ears – How to increase your impact, influence, and success online in a noisy world.