Relationships & Earning The Right To Be Heard
Who is Eric Scofield?
Eric Scofield is the Chief Development Officer at Young Life and has a longstanding history working within this ministry. He has a unique gift of building relationships and building a platform to share
What Did We Chat About?
- How Young Life ministry principles can help anyone learn how to share their message
- The power of relationship
- Organic growth of online platforms
Golden Nuggets From Our Conversation:
- Earn the right to be heard. This was first said by Jim Rayburn, founder of Young Life. We focus on caring more about the person than sharing our message. Only once we have a relationship and have earned the right, can we share and open up with our message. We want to work our way in and earn the right to be heard, rather than standing and shouting on a street corner.
- Relationship is everything! It’s not just important or strategic, but is everything!
- Jesus went WITH people. We have to go WITH people in order to share our message with them. We were designed for relationship.
- Collect friends. Eric shares this quote on his blog, but he originally heard it from his friend, Morris Dierks. Some people collect coins, some people collect rocks, but I collect relationships.
- You don’t always know what content is going to “catch.” Some content has a life of its own and it’s scratching where people are itching.
- Social media can be an amazing tool. It can act like a trampoline. You feel like you can jump higher and farther and it’s so much easier. I can jump more if I share things on social media.
- “We need to have a lot of bobbers in the water. Why fish with one pole, when technology has given you the ability to fish with multiple poles in the water?”
If you liked this podcast, please leave a review on iTunes! Click HERE to discover the iTunes page. If you found value in this episode, help a friend out and share this episode on Social Media.
Need help on how to leave a review on iTunes? Here’s a quick video showing you what to click.
Learn More About Valerie's Book
We’re All Ears – How to increase your impact, influence, and success online in a noisy world.